Updated: Dec 06, 2019
DATA WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We may process the following personal data in connection with the Service:
- Registration data: When creating a user account with the Service, we will ask you for personal data such as your email address, password and country.
- For content providers (photographers) who are eligible to provide images to Pickit public images we also ask for; date of birth, address and postal code.
- Please note that we are unable to provide the Service unless you provide the above stated personal data.
- Usage information: When you use or interact with the Service, we will use a variety of technologies that collect information about how the Service is accessed. This personal data includes:
- (i) Information about your interactions with the Service including any Content, other users and advertising on the Service
- (ii) Content that you post to the Service
- (iii) Technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address and the types and identity of devices and network you are using to access or connect to the Service.
- Payment Data: If you purchase any Paid Service, we collect financial data that we need to process your payment which may be stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work. This includes:
- Credit or debit card number, expiration date and certain numbers on your credit or debit card
- Date of birth
- Postal code
- Mobile phone number
- Data on transaction history
- Payout/Rewards Data: as a content provider we may collect personal data to be able to fulfill your requests for collecting your rewards as a content provider. This includes:
- PayPal email address
- Physical address
- Date of birth
We will only retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Where we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it.
Any personal data that we process on behalf of our customers is retained in accordance with the timeframes set out in the relevant customer agreements.
Your personal data will be retained as set out above, but no longer than:
- after a grace period following cancellation of a subscription. The grace period will differ based on specific vendor agreements.
- an account has been inactive for more than 12 months and we have received no action after a notification of inactivity.
- you or our customers explicitly request erasure of personal data.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We will process the personal data set out above for the following purposes:
- (i)to administrate your account, to enable and provide the Service including, as applicable, integration with third party services, and to provide, personalize and improve your experience with the Service and any advertising made available on or outside the Service. This processing is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract we have with you.
- (ii)to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyze your use of the Service including your interaction with advertising made available on the Service, as applicable. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to ensure that our Service is of continuously high quality and to better understand how our Service is used to improve it even further.
- (iii)to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages. This processing is lawful on grounds of our legitimate interest to interact with you, to inform you about Service-related changes or to invite you to participate in researches about the Service
- (iv)to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to send you promotional material. You have the absolute right to opt-out of the use of your personal data for this purpose.
- (v)to enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service;
- (vi)to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to receive payment for the Service provided to you and to protect you and Pickit from fraudulent payments.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
- Marketing and advertising: As applicable, we may share personal data with advertising partners in order to send you promotional communications about Pickit or to show you more tailored content, including relevant advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you, and to understand how users interact with advertisements. The personal data we share is in a de-identified format (for example, through the use of hashing) that does not identify you.
In addition to the above, we also share your personal data with third parties for these limited purposes:
- To allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, based on our legitimate interest to continue offering the same Service to you even if the ownership of Pickit changes;
- To respond to legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so, based on our legal obligation to respond to a legal process by sharing the personal data;
- To comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law;
- To protect the rights and property of Pickit based on our legitimate interest to ensure our rights and property is not violated, including to enforce the agreements and any other terms that you have agreed to;
- and to address fraud, security, or technical issues based on our legitimate interest to respond to these issues appropriately and to thereby protect our Service;
- to publish de-identified or aggregated information about the use of the Service based on our legitimate interest to get a better understanding of how people use our Service; and
We use appropriate security measures to protect the security of your personal data both online and offline. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the personal data we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We also take measures to ensure service providers that process personal data on our behalf also have appropriate security controls in place. Read more about security at Pickit here
Please note that no service is completely secure. While we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or a data breach will never occur. To protect the confidentiality of your account and protect from unauthorized use of your account, you must keep your account password confidential and not disclose them publicly or to unauthorized individuals. Please let us know right away if you think your password was compromised or misused. For instructions on changing your password, click here.
TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
A detailed list of third parties and countries that personal data is transferred to can be found here.
Please contact us for further information about these transfers. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pickit Service is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18 or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal data to us. If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal data to Pickit, please contact Customer Support and you may request, through your child, to exercise the rights to access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove publicly available content, also please contact Customer Support.
RIGHT TO REQUEST INFORMATION AND CORRECTION OF DATA, ETC.
Södra Kyrkogatan 3
621 56 Visby, Sweden
Pichit.Me AB is the data controller.
Last updated: Dec 06, 2019